- Start your day with drinking water- Have a glass or two or three (whatever amount is comfortable for you). Before you put anything in your mouth, make sure to drink water. This is an instant wake up call, energiser and detox. It will also ensure you do your business in the toilet efficiently!
- Drink water before every meal- This ensures that you don't eat excessively and that you eat slowly.Whenever you feel hungry first drink water. Your brain often sends you signals of hunger combined with thirst as hunger pangs. Whenever you feel hungry, you are probably thirsty too.
- Do not consume drinks with your meals - While eating stay away from drinks like cocktails, juices, iced tea, coffee or colas. Drinks do nothing for your hunger and just add on a crazy amount of unnecessary calories.
- Stay away from milky sugary tea & coffee - That frappuccino or cappuccino you love so much contains about 500 calories in a cup. Solution, black coffee no sugar OR coffee with skimmed milk diluted with water or almond or soya milk.
- Say NO to processed foods like ketchup, pickles, bbq sauce, brown sauce, processed flour (maida), ready to eat meals etc. Stay far away from fried junk foods such as burgers, fries, pizzas, samosas & kachories.
- Say no to refined, processed sugar. Consume sugar from natural sources like honey, agave, jaggery and fruits.
- As far as possible cut salt from your food. This helps combat water retention.
- Exercise 5-6 times a week. Mix cardio with weight training! Working against weights is essential to build muscle. Don't just remain a cardio bunny!
- Sleep well & give your body proper rest. When you rest your body recovers & builds muscle.
- Keep a food journal- Write down everything you eat in a day. You should know exactly what you eat and how many calories you consume. This will really help you keep a track of where you are going wrong. You could also download apps like FitBit, Lose It, Map My Fitness, My Fitness Pal etc that help you keep track of your daily calories.
Weight loss is simple, don't complicate it. You will only lose weight when you expend more calories than you consume. And thats why eating consciously is extremely crucial for losing weight.
Hopefully this post will help you achieving your targets! Let us know what you would like to read next!
See you soon and good luck :)